Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have been experiencing heart palpitations for a couple of

Hi, I have been experiencing heart palpitations for a couple of days now. I feel a different heart beat every minute or so. I have never Felt this and I'm wondering if I should worry.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. I have recently used Thriva to do blood tests and my Cholesterol seems to be high as well as my ferritin levels
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not sure if that could have any relation with the palpitations

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern.

May I know your age please? Do you have any other chronic health condition?

Have you ever had an ecg in the past?

Do you experience dizziness or chest pains?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm 40
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have had ecgs and there has been some anomalies.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No chest pains

What were those anamolies? Did they find any ectopic beats?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Regarding dizziness I suffer a bit from brain fog for quite a while so it's hard to tell
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think they were some anomalies on the T wave
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think that is what the doctor told me at the time

Were you asked to get further evaluation for that?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have done echocardiogram
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
a cardiac stress MRI test
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But they haven't found any reason for concern. But Yesterday and today I have been experiencing these palpitations that I have never felt before and they don't seem to go away.

Alright. If all those test were fine then you don't have anything to worry about. You might be having sporadic ectopic beats which are not too uncommon and don't really cause any harm. I don't believe you need any further evaluation for this and it does not sound life threatening. You may ask your doctor for ambulatory ekg/holter monitoring if this feeling persists for a week or more.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But those test were a couple of years ago. I mean, it has been a while and as I never experienced this I am concerned. But ok, I'll wait and see if it goes away.

I still don't believe its something life threatening. You can afford to wait for a week and see how things go. Try not to drink alcohol or caffeinated beverages in the meantime.

Hope you stay well:)

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, thank you

My pleasure.