Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I woke up at 6 am with a terrible pain or really a very very

I woke up at 6 am with a terrible pain or really a very very dull ache all down my right arm it woke me up
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Nothing makes it feel better and there is no swelling
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No i Don't think so except it's very painful

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.     I would bet that you slept on the arm in a way that compressed the nerves?

Left sided arm pain could be heart associated, but not right.

Sometimes when we sleep, the cervical nerve roots that exit the neck are compressed and can cause pain and numbness of the arm.   This should gradually resolve over a few hours.   You may have lingering minor symptoms for a day or two.

You can try a heating pad or an over the counter pain reliever.   I bet you will feel better soon. Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It is my right arm and I have tried everything and nothing seems to work
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think i will try a heating pad thank you for your time and help

You are welcome.   Hoping the heating pad will work.   Thanks for using JA.