Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Cystitis issue in 11year old, intermittent temperature,

cystitis issue in 11year old , intermittent temperature, lower abdomen pain, generally feeling run down, peeing more often than usual
JA: How long has the 11-year-old had the pain? Have they used any medication for it?
Customer: since last wednesday (started) increased her water intake and she took a course of cystipurin over the weekend
JA: Got it. Has she seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: cant get through, you probably wont believe me ive tried calling 89 times and been unable to get through. went on nhs 111 website recommends she sees her gp today
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: she is special needs : she has bilateral polymicrogyria, fumarase deficiency, convergent squint,

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    You are correct in that this appears to be a urinary tract infection.

The medication you gave her does not treat the infection.    She needs a prescription for antibiotics.    I would suggest taking her to A and E.

As she is special needs, the infection can rapidly turn into a kidney infection so this is an urgent medical issue.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
are you able to prescribe the medication?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
sorry are you able to prescribe ?

Sorry, no.   This is a question and answer service, not a medical service   I would suggest taking her to A and E.  She really needs a urine culture prior to getting the antibiotics anyway. It is not appropriate to prescribe without that.

Does this help to answer your question? Please let me know if there is anything you do not understand and if you have any feedback for me.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
many thanks for your help

Good luck with your daughter.    Thanks for using Just Answer