Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

My boy is complaining about chest pain,he s 8 and

My boy is complaining about chest pain,he s 8 and overweight,what shoul i do,what investigation he needs? Thank you
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: No shortness of breath,but he complain about two monts ago and now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi thank you for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about what's gone on. If he's otherwise well and not breathless/is able to play ok etc then I wouldn't be overly concerned. I would advise you make a GP appointment so they can listen to his heart and chest and ask some questions directly. They may choose to perform an ECG after this and decide if further tests are needed but the likelihood of an issue of concern is extremely low.