Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've hurt my arm/ shoulder and it hurts when I move it and

I've hurt my arm/ shoulder and it hurts when I move it and I'm a health care assistant and the pain travelling down my arm
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling it fine if I don't move it and keep it resting on my belly
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No don't think so I've taken pain killers but not helped with the pain

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You likely have strained the axillary nerve causing radiating pain.

Shoulder also can be affected.

You should avoid heavy lifting, over reaching activities.

You can try over the counter Ibuprofen ( Advil) 2-3 tablets with food every 8 hours for pain control.
Also Warm compress and over the counter Salonspas ointment will help.

Please consider physical therapy as that will help to strengthen the back muscles and also traction to release pressure on the nerves.
Prescription medications Ketorolac, Gabapentin, Nortriptyline, Baclofen can be tried.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've taken ibuprofen they haven't helped its also got me in tears

In that you will need prescription medication --please go to the hospital or contact your doctor.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you

welcome

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don't have the money for a phone call

no problem