Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

My neck is feeling very restricted from the throat up and my

My neck is feeling very restricted from the throat up and my pulse is visibly beating out the side of my neck arteries, veins

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear this. How long has this been happening?

What is your age please?

Any other medical problems?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It has been happening for a few weeks, some days worse than others. The tendon or what I think is the tendon is super tight that joins the color bone at the top of chest, start of neck, throat. I am 36. I have experienced a lot of electrical buzzing in my crotch and legs over the last few weeks aswell. Bloods have been done a couple of months ago and were fine

Okay thanks, ***** ***** your age, this is more likely muscular. If you are not overweight, these vessels will often pulsate and be visible, again this is quite normal.

I would however get your doctor to examine your neck, they can refer you to physiotherapy if it isn't improving. Anti inflammatory medication is likely to help with this.

As per the symptoms in your crotch and legs, that is unlikely to be anything to do with this. But I would suggest examination would be needed to establish what may be happening.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have been to physio and I have been told the muscle in the neck is fine. It feels like there is a blockage of some kind in the throat, neck. It is always catching my breath and having to clear my throat, luns. There is a lot of pressure against my throat, neck
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have been to physio and I have been told the muscle in the neck is fine. It feels like there is a blockage of some kind in the throat, neck. It is always catching my breath and having to clear my throat, lungs There is a lot of pressure against my throat, neck

Gosh, you managed to see them quickly.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** therefore suggest you need to get your doctor to examine you to assess what you are describing.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
since it has been happening for a few weeks I have had some things checked but I needed another opinion. Do you have any other idea what it can potentially be?

So if there was an issue with the vessels, it would more likely be causing symptoms such as headaches or problems with your blood pressure.

Therefore pain in the neck that is restricting is either muscular or due to inflammation. Swellings are important to check for as a possible cause such as your thyroid gland and lymphnodes.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had the odd pain in my head in my temple from time to time but it hasn't lasted long when it does happen. My blood pressure has be around 128/66. There doesn't seem to be swelling anywhere in the neck. I have experienced a lot of symptoms over this last year from shooting pains in limbs and extremities, chest and heart, heart palpitations, racing heart, vibration through my body like electricity, chills, buzzing in crotch and legs, feeling run down, spasms in calfs, neck, muscle twitching, eye twitching, and now this severe throat restriction with my pulse beating hard out of the side along with a feeling of nerves or some kind of vibration running through my body. Having had all these symptoms on and off over the best part of a year, I am convinced of some kind of autoimmune disease!!! What would be your thoughts on this?

So an autoimmune condition would show itself in your bloods, I do not think this sounds like one, but certainly worth investigating.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What in bloods exactly would be showing signs of this please? Thanks

CRP, ESR, WCC, ANA, RF, these are the main ones.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would these be done in a full blood count?

No, the white cell count, yes, but the others need to be specifically requested.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you. I will be sure to request these blood tests. Is there anything that you would recommend I get tested going by the explanation of symptoms that I have experienced? Thanks

That is my pleasure, unfortunately it really isn't obvious as to the cause of your symptoms from what we have discussed, this is why I think being examined is essential in moving forward with this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you for your opinion. I have one more question if you don't mind. Is there anything you know of that affects the tendons throughout the body. My neck tendons, leg tendons and arm tendon all feel really tight and solid to touch like they could snap and cant relax them regardless of position

No problem, so one condition wouldn't suddenly cause this. Tight areas like this are a musculo skeletal issue and would need physiotherapy if they persist and if you cannot manage them with exercise and good stretching.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok no problem and thank you again for your time and help tonight. Thank you

That is my pleasure, I am sorry I cannot advise further on this at this point, take care.