Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

Questioning my heart rate. I went to the hospital back in

Questioning my heart rate. I went to the hospital back in January because of my heart rate, it as over 100 for a few hours, peaking at 150. They done tests and established nothing was physically wrong with my heart, after blood tests and the doctor looking at it. They put it down to anxiety. This week, I'm having a bit of anxiety over my heartrate. I'm only using my apple watch to measure it, so not sure how correct it is but my resting rate (apple watch also include sleep in this) is at 57, when I wake up it says my resting is 53 but that's just countring sleep. Towards the end of the day, it goes to 57-60. Some days, it can be higher at 65-75. I'm wondering if a sleeping heart rate getting as low as 50 BPM is ok? I'm 19 (20 in July), and weigh 208 LBS. 6 ft 2 and quite fat. Please advise? Thanks
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: My heart rate starts to shoot up if I have an episode of anxiety
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, all good!

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
The sleeping rate of 50 is fine and not dangerous

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. When should I start to be concerned? If it gets lower than 50? Also, my weight, height and age, should I be concerned about anything that end?

Your heart is healthy

I'd be concerned if the rate went into the low 40's

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your assurance, that’s made me feel better! I also have a question about my anxiety. I used have anxiety when I was in school, I now own a business and I’ve been at home for the last few years, absolutely fine. Over the past month or so, I’ve started to feel really anxious about my heart rate, and other silly things. I also keep thinking of awful outcomes about any small thing that happens. It’s really random, and these spells can last for 30 mins to hours at a time. How can I stop this? It’s really strange how it only started happening over the last month

I'd get you into some cognitive behavioral therapy sessions with a clinical psychologist

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks a lot, I’ll definitely look into booking some
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I appreciate your answers, you’ve put my mind at rest thank you

My pleasure