DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

MRI scan incidentally showed possible fluid distension of

MRI scan incidentally showed possible fluid distension of endometrial cavity.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Ultrasound has been fixed. But I have no further information or discussion with doctor. Not taking medication.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no medications
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would like to know the possible causes of fluid

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    What is your age?   Are you still having periods?

It is not necessarily abnormal to have fluid in the cavity.

Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified with experience in primary care.

If you are still menstruating, or are recently menopausal, the finding of fluid in the cavity is normal.

Sometimes cervical stenosis occurs and the opening of the cervix is blocked.   This can cause fluid to build up in the cavity.   Generally speaking, this finding is not serious or significant in terms of your health.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I mistakenly rated you two stars
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m trying to change it but it is not letting me

Gynec nurse can try putting through thin plastic tube through cervix to drain fluid away. Upper end of uterus has fallopian tubes which open into peritoneal cavity of pelvis so fluid may gravitate to uterus and narrow or blocked cervical canal can cause your problem. Not harmful in itself. Good luck.

DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience: MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns