ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I would like to understand why my eye lid keeps turning

I would like to understand why my eye lid keeps turning blue
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: i am not taking any medication but quite often i notice blue colour across my eyelid. It looks like I’m wearing eyeshadow but i am not. THen it goes away and comes back
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing i can think of

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Ravindran. I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Only eye lid turning blue is unsual. Is it only one eye lid or both? Do u have any problems with vision?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s along the crease of both eyelids. I have no vision problems and I’ve just had an eye test which was absolutely normal. When it happens it looks like I’m wearing blue eyeshadow but i have nothing on my eyes

I really don't think of any condition causing such a discoloration of eyelid. There are veins on the eyelids which drains fluid, if there are prominent (which is normal) can lead to such discoloration.

Can u upload a picture please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is not the best picture as this is when it is starting to disappear again

Thanks for sending the picturw. It does look discolored. I will not be worried much. It is likely due to venous drainage. As long as there are no major eye or vision problems, you can stay assured.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you so much

You are very welcome.