Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

I want to talk to a doctor for the recovery signs after

I want to talk to a doctor for the recovery signs after being covid positive

Hi, this Dr Ansari. Welcome to JustAnswer. Yes, you can chat here.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, can you please tell me what are the signs of recovery after being Covid positive for 12 days. We had a chat yesterday also regarding my father in India.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Today his oxygen level was 92-93 with continuous supply of oxygen.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
His body temperature was 97.2°F at evening whereas at night before sleeping his temperature was 98.1°F.

Ah ok, that's good. How he is doing? Your father was moderate to severe but CT chest was showing all the CORONA signs. While recovering, it's likely you can expect to experience prolonged fatigue, cough and even shortness of breath, And these prolonged symptoms can go on for several weeks.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is the condition still critical or has he started recovering ?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
According to oxygen level and body temperature I told you and the reports you saw
Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Yes it is as he is on oxygen, how much oxygen he is taking

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That I have no idea but he is being given oxygen continuous.

Similar to anyone recovering from a severe inflammatory response within his or her lungs, a severe case of COVID-19 that's characterized by ARDS has the potential to cause long-term lung damage.

In addition, evidence is emerging that some people are prone to developing cardiomyopathy several weeks after recovering from COVID-19.

Talking about your father he is a fighter and even though on oxygen he is maintaining good saturation so the expected outcome is promising but as I mentioned doctors have to look for the development of ARDS and Cardiomyopathy. These are if develop is a bad sign and show a bad prognosis, I am sure the doctors there must be doing all their efforts that he may stay away from these two complications.

Dr Ansari

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Alright, thank you.

You are most welcome

Your positive feedback is highly appreciatable.

Dr Ansari