Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DNB
19010125

I just had pedicure few days ago and one toe is red, swollen

Hi, i just had pedicure few days ago and one toe is red, swollen and was hurting all night. Which antibiotics are better? Is there any cream or i need capsule's
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Few days and gradually it went worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern and I would try my best to allay your worries.

I will be glad to assist you today and will try my best to give you an answer that is helpful.

The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (GQ6SZPV)

hello

Thanks for the information and pictures.

please allow me 10- 15 mins to type down my recommendations, so that I could help you in the best possible way.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am dentist i can prescribe antibiotics if needed, just need to know which ones...is claritromy

Please give me a few minutes I need to review the question , will get back to you soon

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is claritromycin any good for this?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Or is there any cream?

Thanks for your patience.

It seems to be inflamed.

It needs to be treated immediately. Not treating it urgently, will increase the inflammation.

Ideally you will need an oral antibiotic like Cap. Augmentin 625 mg twice a day for 5 days.

you can apply an antibiotic ointment like bactroban/ neosporin/ bacitracin/polysporin twice a day for 2 weeks on it. Also intake of Tab. Tylenol once a day for 5 days will help.

Also you can give warm compresses over it once a day with the help of a cloth dipped in warm water.

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern. Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Warm Regards