How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Brown Your Own Question
Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4077
Experience:  GP in Sussex
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Tim Brown is online now

How do I get assessed for PTSD from domestic abuse,

This answer was rated:

How do I get assessed for PTSD from domestic abuse
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Sertraline 100mg, I had xanax for 5 days last Sept and zopiclone for sleep when I went to court 2 weeks ago
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm divorcing my ex husband and need to show the court his behaviour has affected me as I don't want to give my address out at all

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear of your experience. For PTSD, you should be seen for counselling to formally assess this. They can then offer you specific therapy if they believe you do have PTSD. Sertraline is also the medication which would be useful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I have responded above, please let me know if you cannot see this or you have any follow on questions.

Tim Brown and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I cant see your response