Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

How do I get assessed for PTSD from domestic abuse,

How do I get assessed for PTSD from domestic abuse
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Sertraline 100mg, I had xanax for 5 days last Sept and zopiclone for sleep when I went to court 2 weeks ago
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm divorcing my ex husband and need to show the court his behaviour has affected me as I don't want to give my address out at all

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear of your experience. For PTSD, you should be seen for counselling to formally assess this. They can then offer you specific therapy if they believe you do have PTSD. Sertraline is also the medication which would be useful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I have responded above, please let me know if you cannot see this or you have any follow on questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I cant see your response