Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Dear Doctor, a week ago today I suddenly experienced severe

Customer Question

Dear Doctor, a week ago today I suddenly experienced severe dizziness and some ringing in my ear, which a doctor diagnosed as labyrinthitis. On day two of this, completely out of the blue, I experienced a huge anxiety attack - feelings of derealization, terror, and a pit in my stomach/chest.This has remained with me ever since – in a severely debilitating form. I also had 3 nights of complete insomnia and had to take some diazepam to sleep. Just to emphasise - this is totally out of the blue. I am in an extremely happy and low-stress phase of my life - family & work is all going brilliantly and a week ago today I was a very happy man!Is it possible an infection (Labyrinthitis/Sinusitis) can cause a sudden bought of anxiety? Are there any other things I should rule out? Tests I could undertake? As mentioned, I went from super happy to distraught in 24 hours, seemingly for no reason.Many thanks for your advice
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: One week
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. I am an associate professor of ENT so it's my specialty to deal with dizziness. Yes, labyrinthitis or any other form of vertigo can lead to anxiety. In such cases, giving the patient supportive treatment for the associated anxiety is important and I would suggest that you must see your psychiatrist so that he can evaluate you and prescribe you short-term anxiolytics. If you have already taken them then the treatment should be reviewed but as far as your question was concerned, yes anxiety is associated with labyrinthitis and there is no need to get any test further as there is no tumor or something else serious connected to this. This is my initial answer so please let me know if you need further help. I am here for you.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800