Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I am having a very bad pulsating tooth pain on the bottom

Customer Question

I am having a very bad pulsating tooth pain on the bottom left side of my jaw. Sometimes the pain is sharp. I could barely get any sleep because of the pain yesterday night. Help
JA: Has the pain been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: The pain is stable and it is a first-time issue
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the pain? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have not seen any dentist. And the pain has been going since Saturday night.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: Don't think so
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a question about Dentistry, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 20 days ago.

I am sorry for your symptoms.

The following would help you in the pain;

1) Combination of paracetamol (500 mg) and ibuprofen (400 mg) every 8 hourly.

2) Warm salt water gargles three times a day.

3) Application of Lidocaine gel.

4) Application of Clove oil.

All of these are available without a prescription.

You may call NHS 111 to schedule an emergency dental appointment.

You can go to A&E or emergency clinic for prescription pain relievers also if the above measures do not help;

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Urgent-Care/LocationSearch/1824

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.