Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I was thinking of paying to have a pancreatectomy procedure

Customer Question

hi I was thinking of paying to have a pancreatectomy procedure to remove part of my damaged pancreas do u think this would be a wise decision to make and is it expensive
Expert:  Dr. David replied 19 days ago.

This is Dr David

why do you think you have a damaged pancreas?  Have you had a pancreatic MRI scan yet?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
unfortunately I have pancretitus but don't understand as i wasn't a heavy drinker my GP said i was just unlucky and I also worry about pancreatic cancer now it is damaged but i know longer drink now
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no could u please answer question if possible thanx
Expert:  Dr. David replied 19 days ago.

That is good you no longer drink.  Do you have pain in the area.  I would not jump to surgery of your pancreas first.  You should get an MRI scan of your pancreas first

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i only recently had pain but not for long i had a MRI done 2 years ago and my consultant said my results were unremarkable
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
even though i have pancretitus but i just worry bout pancreatic cancer with it being damaged
Expert:  Dr. David replied 19 days ago.

well, you eating more vegetables and eating healthier and getting regular exercise will help prevent cancer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
is surgery expensive to remove part of ur pancreas a pancreatectomy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 19 days ago.

yes, this surgery can be expensive and can be dangerous and risky