Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I’d like to be prescribed some anti depressants, I haven’t.

Customer Question

Hi I’d like to be prescribed some anti depressants
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven’t. I don’t know what to say to my doctor. The go survey is useless and they don’t have any appointments booked and my mental health and suicidal thoughts are at a rock bottom and I need help I’m not taking medication
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Ive been feeling extremely low for about 2 months but I’ve had depression and suicidal thoughts for about 3 years but now I’m struggling to cope
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No there isn’t
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 15 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Good evening. My names Rufaydah
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No message is fine
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 15 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this. We cannot unfortunately prescribe via this website, but your GP is your best option to ensure this can be followed up.

You should just say that you feel low. This is a very common presentation in General Practice. The options are either medication, counselling or both. Medication does take about 3-4 weeks to become effective, but then would require a dose review, or medication change depending on your side effects if any.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 15 days ago.

An option if you cannot see your GP is a private GP, would you like assistance in finding one?