Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Looking for a second opinion on my diagnosis of bpd

Customer Question

Expert:  ravikumarr replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Ravindran and will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I accidentally asked the same question twice instead of posting a comment

The diagnosis needs a detailed discussion. It really can't be made over texting. What makes you think you have it. Have you been diagnosed with it before?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Looking for a second opinion on bpd diagnosis. Don’t really feel like it makes much sense. I’ve had issues since as young as six(vivid hallucinations) was described as uncomfortably quiet by my own mum as a child (not until recently). Have struggled with mental health all my teenage and adult life.No major traumas, no trauma what do ever before the age of 6. Suffering from intense low moods, intense highs, constant panic attacks. All with no real triggers. I don’t think bpd fits me at all. The psychiatrist I seen told me I was not depressed even though I have 24 hour thoughts of wanting to end my own life, and literally a quick google of clinical depression describes how I feel. She also told me I had emotionally unstable personality disorder instead of saying bpd
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can’t afford to call.

That's fine. Happy to text. Any anti depressants tried?

Worth a trial,  it makes changes to the chemical signaling in the brain and can really help

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
citalpram, setraline, martazapene(i think) fuoxiteen and trazadone. I can’t remember not being on an anti depressant. All I know is I still wanted to die and couldn’t go a few hours without a panic attack
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I get mental health is just crazy, but everyone I’ve spoken too says borderline personality disorder just doesn’t make sense with me
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 16 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 14 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 14 days ago.

Your symptoms do suggest that this is an unstable personality rather than a proper BPD,

Again, working with your mental health professional would be the key,

Do consider taking high dose Vit D & probiotics, it may help a lot too,

warm regards