Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have numbness down the left side of my buttox and it

Customer Question

I have numbness down the left side of my buttox and it hasn’t gone away. It’s been 3 hours now
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

Have you got this for the first time?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

How old are you and have you tried anything?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m 18. This is the first time I’ve got it
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve also had neck pain in the back of my neck and lower back pain in the bottom of my back in the middle. The back pain came on. A week ish after the neck pain came on
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This came on around 2 hours ago
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The neck and back pain come on and off. My neck is also constantly stiff and my head always feels heavy.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. This is just a nerve compression in your back which is causing numbness like this. You should take over-the-counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days, massage the area with Bengay gel twice daily for 2 weeks, and use heating pads to the area twice daily for 2 weeks. I reassure you that this has nothing to do with any serious neurological problem If symptoms persist see your doctor as you may need physical therapy but hopefully this will not be required and you will feel better soon.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks. They’ve been going on for around 3 weeks now and this is a new symptom that started today. I went
To my doctor around 5 days ago and he referred me for a mri. My left side of my face also becomes stiff from time to time too. It al happened after I had my lip filler dissolved with hyloronadase 3 weeks ago. I’m not sure if I should be worried.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My doctor also put me on etoricoxib for the pain in my neck
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

Yes, he has rightly put you on the pill. There is no need to worry about things like ALS etc because this is just nerve compression but yes, there can be input from the anxiety so avoid reading online about your problem because it will give you more stress.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it seems to me like it’s related to nerve compression because my eyes have Been twitching a bit for the last few days. When the burning pain first came on in the lower part of my back it did the same as this and then just went the next day. So it can’t be anything else?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m also unable to take ibuprofen/paracetamol, right now I’m just trying a heat pad to see if it relieves it. It feels like tingling mixed with a bit of burning and pins and needles. I’m not sur what it is?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

It can't be anxiety but it can't be anything serious or neurological. Tingling means nerve issue. Take Vitamin B 12 daily. It is good for nerves.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay. What could be the reason for it spreading?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

The reason for spreading is due low vitamin B and even anxiety can make it worse, I am sorry I am using the word anxiety again and again but we keep getting such patients in anxiety as well.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It’s ok. This is just making my anxiety worse too to be honest as I am worried about it. I’m low on my iron levels too
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
the nerve damage is spreading ?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

No with this short history we can't say that it is spreading. It's just that it has persisted for some time now but it will be better soon. You are welcome dear, respected, and valuable customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What can I use to relieve the tingling and burning for now
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

You can use tablet vitamin B and apply heating pads to the area. Try to do deep breathing exercise and take rest.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My left side of my face is going numb
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 16 days ago.

I think you should go to the Er in that case.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I went and they said because I can move my body fine and the ct scan was fine, I just need to rest because it’s probably just a slipped disk?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

Yes they might be right but at least there is nothing to worry.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, my hands are going tingly
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 15 days ago.

I would suggest seeing a doctor.