Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

About 6 weeks ago I felt a small lump in my RH groin during

Customer Question

About 6 weeks ago I felt a small lump in my RH groin during the night. There was no protusion in the skin and there was no pain when I pressed it. In the morning It had disappeared. This scene has repeated itself about 5 times since then including last night with again no sign of it anywhere this morning morning. Is this something I should get checked out? Ron **Date of birth ** JA: Have you used any medication for the lump? Customer: No I haven't JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the lump? Customer: No JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know? Customer: I don't think there is anything relevant. I have a pacemaker. Had a heart valve repaired afew years ago. Am on Apixaban.

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

It is best to get this checked out if the lump persists.

However, if you see it disappear by morning you need not go for a checkup as the GP will not be able to make out anything.

Also do not palpate yourself frequently to see if the lump has developed.

This could be something like a small infection which will clear up by itself.

But if you find a persistent lump then you need to see your GP.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti