DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have sevear constipation and feel sick and sweaty. I have

Customer Question

i have sevear constipation and feel sick and sweaty. I have tried suppository but the poo refuses to come out. My rectum is now bleeding and swollen. I have taken 3 stool softener (dulcoease) today in an effort to resolve the problem. What else can I do as I am so uncomfortable
JA: Have you used any medication for the constipation?
Customer: dulcolsoft and glycerine suppository
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the constipation?
Customer: no. I have had this problem previously after my hysterectomy and had to attend a and e where they used a liquid enema. I really dont want to get to that stage again.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have two compacted vertebra in my lower back and have been experiencing difficulty in pushing when going to the toilet for some time.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 21 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

YOu cn try polyethylene glycol or Bisacodyl

In case if that does not work as well then you will need to have a phosphate enema

Sometime stools are so hard that they do require an evacuation manually

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Are these items I can buy over the counter

Yes you can

By the name of Miralax