Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have chronic pain all over, random swelling of lower

Customer Question

I have chronic pain all over, random swelling of lower joints , trochanteric bursitis, and I’ve stated to drop things. What is wrong with me
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injury and this has been getting worse over 3/4 years
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: lots of diagnosis have been mentioned ie psoriatic, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. And fibromyalgia
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 19 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Are you having any small joint pains like fingers and toes?

3. Is there any stiffness of the spine or shoulder girdle or hip girdle?

4. Are you having any rash any where over the torso?

5. Are you running chronic intermittent fever?

6. Did you suffer from EBV anytime please?

7. Do you have early morning stiffness of joints?

8. Is there any family history of autoimmune disease?

9. Can you upload all the reports which you have in hand please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi I’m a 41 year old female.
Yes I have aches and pains in my fingers and toes and my feet burn sometimes.
I have stiffness every where especially in the morning.
No fever no rash.
I don’t know what EBV is.
No history of auto immune although I do have psoriasis on head and ears.
I tried injections in my hips with no effect after 2 days.I don’t have and letters to hand

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlation with with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having an auto immune response.

I will explain further -

When it is working normally, the body's immune system kills germs or viruses and fungi. Sometimes, something goes wrong and the immune system starts to attack own body cells. That is called an autoimmune response. It is what happens in auto immunity. In other words, if you have auto immunity, your body is attacking itself.

Symptoms can be -

Feeling tired or weak

Lose or gain weight

Fevers, headaches

Rash on their nose and cheeks shaped like a butterfly, especially if they spend time in the sun

Hair loss

Chest pain

Bruise easily

Joint pain and stiffness

Swelling in the hands, feet, belly, or around the eyes

Urine that looks brown (tea-colored) or foamy

Sores in the mouth

Cold fingers or toes that turn pale or blue

Early morning stiffness and stiffness in the spine or shoulder or pelvic girdles

Even though reports might be normal - auto immunity is so elusive that with high index of suspicion and repeated relentless investigations we would be able to pin point what it is. Requires lot of perseverance both from your end and physician's end.

Your doctor might perform some special tests like antinuclear antibody and anti double stranded DNA, apart from the routine blood test workup.

Treatment includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, steroids, immuno-modulatory drugs and biological agents.

May I suggest you discuss this possibility with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thankyo I will take this to my doctor. Thanks
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800