Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I have already explained my symptoms once but I will try

Customer Question

I have already explained my symptoms once but I will try again my husband is in severe pain on his left side near his hip. We had a word with the doctor on Tuesday and he referee him to a physio. He has had th Elaine for at least 2 weeks but it has got worse I th elast few days. He is now having difficulty walking.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: This has been going on for junction over 2 weeks I have taken painkillers with no effect
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he has had a right hip replacement and left knee replacement he also suffers from COPD
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Sorry to hear your husband is having this problem. How old is he? Has he had that hip xrayed?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
79
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.
My concern is that he has arthritis in that hip causing the pain and trouble walking. We know he has degenerative arthritis as he had the hip replacement in the other hip. He needs xrays. He should take ibuprofen 400mg every six hours.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I still don't know what I am supposed to do
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.
His gp needs to order xrays and examine him.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 10 days ago.
Contact his gp for further evaluation.