Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have pins and needles pain down both my hands but mainly

Customer Question

I have pins and needles pain down both my hands but mainly my right. What could this be
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 13 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Is there any electric shock like sensation which is felt moving down the limbs?

3. Is there any jerky movement which is felt just before you are falling asleep or just before you are waking up?

4. Is there any family history multiple sclerosis?

5. Is there any double vision?

6. Are you experiencing any weakness in any part of the body?

7. Are there any bladder problems like urgency or frequency or loss of control?

8. Are there any involuntary muscle twitchings?

9. Are you experiencing the symptoms only now or have they been recurring?

10. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

As you are not able to respond. I will try my level best with the minimal information available.

"Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps."

Please do remember that you can still come back to me for further clarification.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Idiopathic Peripheral neuropathy.

Need not worry anything serious neurological going on please.

I suggest you take neurovitamins available as tablet Neurobion Forte - taken one tablet once a day for 3 months please.

You can buy it online here -

https://www.amazon.com/Neurobion-CLASSICO-Tablets-Vitamin-Booster/dp/B003KI53T2

2. Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.

Benign fasciculations are common. Despite the favorable prognosis of benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), patients are often anxious about their symptoms. In a recent study published in 2018 - it was quoted that - BFS is a benign disorder that usually persists over time. Commonly associated symptoms include subjective weakness, sensory symptoms, and cramps. BFS is usually not associated with pathologic anxiety.

I suggest you take OTC vitamin D and calcium supplements on a regular basis

I will send a link -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnesium-Supplement-Vegetarian-Nu-Nutrition/dp/B01N295CCY

This ships to UK and you can use 2 per day.

3. Multiple sclerosis has to be considered in the differential diagnosis - although extremely unlikely.

You can take vitamin D3 5000 IU per day/ Calcium 1200 mg per day/ anti oxidant rich diet of fruits, vegetables/ Turmeric supplement 600 mg per day has been known to make symptoms of MS better.

4. After ruling out physical causes like this, I would put stress and anxiety as last possibility please.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The pins and needles have gone but I’ve estill got the stiffness and numbness in the left side of my face and now my teeth hurt

Please start the neurovitamins I had suggested.