Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

My mum suffers with COPD and its getting worse, she cant

Customer Question

my mum suffers with COPD and its getting worse, she cant even go to the toilet without having to lean against somthing for breath, she is currently on things like frostair and steroids and other things i dont understand, we work together as cleaners and i have do to most of the work because she can breath and its breaking my heart to watch her suffer , is there anything i can do to get her out of this, she is 61, please help me
JA: How long have you been using the steroid? Has it helped at all?
Customer: my mum suffers with COPD and its getting worse, she cant even go to the toilet without having to lean against somthing for breath, she is currently on things like frostair and steroids and other things i dont understand, we work together as cleaners and i have do to most of the work because she can breath and its breaking my heart to watch her suffer , is there anything i can do to get her out of this, she is 61, please help me
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about COPD?
Customer: its my mum that has it and yes ,they know all about her
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: her skin is weak, all she has to do is knock it against somthing and it bleeds, dont know it this is any help
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 21 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I am sorry for her symptoms.

By what you say I feel that she has severe persistent asthma or severe COPD as per GINA guidelines and international recommendations and classification.

It is classical to present intermittently like this.

My suggestions for her -

1. Oral Prednisolone at 20mg thrice a day dose for 2 - 3 days.

2. Inhalers are the newest management strategies for this. I suggest the use of Formoterol+Budesonide metered dose inhaler (100mcg) 4 puffs twice a day through a spacer and this is for regular use for 2 weeks and then you can taper down to 3 puffs twice a day for another 2 weeks and then stabilize at 2 puffs twice a day to continue. Another metered dose inhaler is Levosalbutamol and this can used as rescue therapy whenever you are having severe cough in spite of regular usage of Budesonide- Formoterol. The technique is very important and very crucial for the drug to be delivered correctly to the lungs. Regularity of medicine usage also matters a lot. So do not discontinue abruptly after you notice some improvement. The technique of administering an inhaler using a spacer has to be taught to you by your doctor and these are prescription medicines. So I suggest you consult your physician for this.

3. Tablet Monteleukast 10mg once a day in the evening at 6pm daily for 3 months.

4. Triggers can be environmental changes/ dust/ talcum powder/ seasonal changes/ un-cleaned a/c vents/ cold weather etc....we cannot specifically say this is the cause - unless we observe closely - best person is yourself.

5. She will require a spirometry.

6. If these doesn't work then we need to think about a restrictive lung disease as an occupational exposure related issue. The other possibility is an evolving interstitial lung disease (but extremely unlikely as breathlessness would be the predominant symptom than cough).

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
in that case i want my money back
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
34 pound back with immediate affect please

I have already sent in my response.

I never accepted your phone call.

Hello...If you are having trouble, kindly approach our Customer Service assistance.

You can approach them at the following link:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/

Where you can chat, call, or send a support request. Or you can email directly to *****@******.***

Phone number 1-***-***-****

I am also a site user like you, only thing is I am an expert, and I can't see any account or payment issues, but that Customer Service will be happy to assist you.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
return my money immediattly or i will contact my lawyer

https://www.justanswer.com/help/

Phone number 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
my phone call for 35 pounds was not answered ,thats why i want my money back,
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
only the 34 pound you charged
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
if i do not get it back i will be calling my lawyer, ***** *****

https://www.justanswer.com/help/

Phone number 1-***-***-****