Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I’m almost 5 months post partum and since the return of my

Customer Question

Hi, I’m almost 5 months post partum and since the return of my period I’m having very bad pms lasting longer each time. I suffer from period like cramps now almost just after my period ends to when it begins again. Sore breasts, occasional headaches, mood swings, light headedness occasional nausea, fatigue and feeling anxious. My period is due to start in 4 to 6 days and everything is intensifying. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests which are all negative.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Nothing I can say that makes it better or worse, I assume it’s hormones and my body getting back to normal after birth but am afraid incase I’m missing something
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 20 days ago.

The following would help you;

1) Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors may be used as first-line treatment for severe symptoms of PMS.

2) Oral contraceptives are effective for the treatment of PMS.

3) Calcium supplementation of 1,000 to 1,200 mg per day may improve PMS symptoms.

4) Cognitive behavior therapy may improve PMS.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.