Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

Kaley, DOB 16.04.46, About 2.5 months ago I was diagnosed

Customer Question

Good morning. My name is***** DOB 16.04.46
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: About 2.5 months ago I was diagnosed with Band keratopathy in both eyes and tried to get an appointment with SpaMedica but after 2 months they informed me through Fiona, your secretary, that they do not deal with Corneal eye problems. So, I have now been referred to Frimley but over the last few days I have had pain in my left eye...along with a watery right eye. The pain, which started over last weekend, began with feeling bruised and susceptible to bright lights. I tried eye-patched but this made my band keratopathy in the other eye more noticeable - i.e. my eyesight wasn't good. Today my left eye is sore and feels as though there is something in it...but I can find nothing. So, in need of a professional assessment of my eye condition.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about keratopathy?
Customer: Apart from the initial diagnosis at a private clinic in Guildford...because I thought it was my cataracts, no I haven't seen a doctor.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am a type 2 diabetic.
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 21 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

I am really sorry that you are going through this. It must be really difficult for you.

Is there any vision loss?

Any pain in your eye?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am a little blurred and my left eye is sore.

I would advise you to visit hospital as soon as possibel. This can be an emergency situation, but you need to go to hospital as soon as possible.

Blurring of vision and pain can be signs of acute glaucoma, you need urgent review for that.