Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I had gall bladder removal on 10th may - i had to go back to

Customer Question

hi there i had gall bladder removal on 10th may - i had to go back to theatre 15th may as had infection/abcess. This week i have started with chronic diarrhea - up to 11 times per day. Im still on a redcued fat diet )20g fat per day but still experiencing this - unable to go to work . any advice . Asked my GP and was told it is normal after surgery
JA: Have you used this medication or anything similar before?
Customer: not on medication
JA: Got it. Have you used anything else for this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for using just answer

After gallbladder removal, you have to be careful what you eat as there is no gallbladder to help break down any fatty foods, so this can cause diarrhea.

You can try imodium or codeine for the diarrhea, but might be good idea to see a dietician for dietary management