Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I used invisalign dental braces to straighten my teeth a

Customer Question

HI, i used invisalign dental braces to straighten my teeth a couple of years ago, my teeth have moved very slightly, i now have a small gap between my front tooth and side tooth - if i wear my retainers, will this straighten them and close the gap?
JA: Have you had any past treatments or tests related to the Invisalign? If so, what were the results?
Customer: past treatment, delighted with the result, it is just the small movement now
JA: Got it. Can you see or feel anything else in your mouth that is causing concern?
Customer: no, thankfully!
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: nothing thank you
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for using just answer

After using dental braces, you should wear retainers for minimum 16 hrs a day to help the teeth settle, then after few months, you can reduce to wearing at night time

Retainers would not close the gap as thats not their role, its to prevent movement

You might need to wear new braces briefly to help with this

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok, thank you

You're welcome

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Would they help straighten my teeth again though?

They can, but not as straight as with braces. You would have to wear them all the time just liek braces and can take longer