Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I am looking for a dentist as I have a toothache, first time

Customer Question

I am looking for a dentist as I have a toothache
JA: Has the toothache been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: first time issue
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the toothache? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Two days
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you've had toothache, are you registered with a dentist?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

I see. I'd advise you to make an appointment with them and in the meantime I'd advise you to use warm saltwater mouth rinses twice a day as well as buying some Corsodyl mouthwash from any pharmacy/tesco etc and use that twice a day. You can also take paracetamol and/or ibuprofen for added relief and you can also buy some oral anaesthetic gel (lidocaine) from any pharmacy and apply that to the area to numb it for more relief while you wait for the dentist to review you. I hope that helps and you feel better soon. All the very best for the future.