Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I'm just asking if you guys can give me a detailed time plan

Customer Question

Hi I'm just asking if you guys can give me a detailed time plan for taking vitamins, the viamins I have are: Vitamin D3, Vitamin C with Glucosamine Sulphate, zinc, magnesium, Vitamin b12, Tumeric, selenium. I just want to know the best time for taking the vitamins for each day.
JA: Have you used Glucosamine or anything similar before?
Customer: I'm using Vitamin C with glucosamine but not anything before
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I know that Magnesium, zinc and vitamin C don't work together
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just want a 24hr plan of when to take the vitamins I have
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 18 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. As with most medications the time of day that you take them isn't particularly important but it is important to try and have them at the same time each day. I tend to suggest people tie taking their medications with a daily act like after breakfast or after dinner for example. I'd suggest the best thing to do would be to take the magnesium at bedtime, the vitamin C after breakfast and the zinc at lunchtime. The others could be taken at any time. I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
That's great thank you, ***** ***** vitamin D3, Tumeric, selenium and Vitamin C, I can take them all together in the morning

Sure absolutely. I always thing it's better to have them with food to aid their digestion and absorption too. You're very welcome, glad I could help. All the very best.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you very much, I was just concerned about magnesium, zinc and vitamin c as people have said it is not recommended to take them together. I have just taken them together right now, will I experience any side effects?

No, you'll be fine. It's mostly as it can potentially cause some tummy upset but if you've taken them for a while you're extremely unlikely to have any issues. I'd just try spacing them out as I described that's all.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay thank you very much, that's all I needed, you've been great!

You're so welcome. All the very best :)