ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I have an issue with skin picking and my skin in general. I

Hello. I have an issue with skin picking and my skin in general. I currently have a swollen eye from a break out round the sides of my nose. thank you
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: 6 years. eye is fine not itchy. just swollen from squeezing and picking.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i can think of thank you

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Ravindran and will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

Do you pick your skin for removing black heads?

It can lead to inflammation and infection.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I also pick it incessantly. That's a habit I am seeing a doctor about. It is inflamed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I find my pores fill up so quickly and I have a bit of excema on my face too. Are there any products you would recommend?

You know the basics of facial hygiene,  unclogging pores using steam . In some salicylic acid based products are useful. But un some it can cause inflammation.

Most important is systemic health I.e., drinking plenty of fluids, eating healthier (fruits,  vegatables). Avoiding oily food also helps.n