Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am asking this question on behalf of a work colleague.

Customer Question

I am asking this question on behalf of a work colleague. When he was doing his lateral flow test today, he noticed a bit of blood on his tongue when he went to swab his tonsils. He is worried.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 16 days ago.

A little bit of blood can be there after swab as the mucosa is very fragile in the area and can bleed. Nothing much to worry about.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
He was worried as two days ago, blood appeared before he swabbed his tonsils
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 16 days ago.

As far as it was just little bleeding and settled on its own, nothing to worry about.