ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

What is a Bilateral chronic parieto occipital cerebral

What is a Bilateral chronic parieto occipital cerebral white matter injury
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I’ve had a scan and it’s. A conclusion
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That it for now
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Also says I’ve got chronic myelomalacia changes

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Ravindran and will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

White matter is the area of the brain where all the nerves pass.

Injury in white matter is due to lack of blood supply

It happens in people who smoke, have hypertension, diabetes

The above are the usual causes. It can also  happen as the Brain ages and is very common in brain scans of elderly people

May I know why you had the scan

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I suffer with nerve damage ,had scan because I’m having a lot of aggressive twitching in my legs ,arm and my head shake . I’ve had spinal surgery due to a compression but I’m still having these problems
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What there also saying i had birth injury .I’m 50 ,also born premature .
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I suffer with arthrgrposis from birth ,but my mobility has down hill in last 7 yrs . Think that I could also have an underlying problem ,that’s why I had scan
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Also what’s this
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Also says I’ve got chronic myelomalacia

The brain damage at birth (due to probably lack of oxygen) has caused some amount of  brain damage.

It means lack of adequate Brain mass . I am trying to put it in simple terms.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What’s that mean
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Are you still there

Yes. It means softening of the Brain and spinal cord. Are you being referred to a neurologist?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I’m under neurologist ,he referred me to the scan
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
can it mean I have an underlying condition
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Can anything be done ? Is this causing my twitching

The myelomalacia can occur of there is a a compression on the spinal cord like a cervical spine , or if there is loss of blood supply to part of the spinal cord.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Report says no longer a compression as I had spinal surgery in October
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Does the The myelomalacia go away ?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do you think I’ve had strokes ?

It is a possibility. One of the causes of white matter injury is small or micro infarcts

It takes time for healing of myelomalacia to ovcuru

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What about the twitching ?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I take gaberpentin ,bacolfen and zomorph and Oramopth . Should I be taking anything else ?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can it mean I’ve got something else ?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
If so what

The twitching could be just benign. It is usually due to nerve excitation  or irritation. It Can  happen even in normal people

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What can be done then
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What you mean even in normal people
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How can I stop it happening
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Are you saying that it could be cancer ???

No no cancer. What i meant was that twitching is a normal phenomenon. Som people have intermittent twitching of their faces, some have twitching of their thighs, which is totally benign.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Oh I get you , yes this is a Aggressive .keeps me awake too
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
going back to the conclusions on my report . Is there any other condition that pops out ?

Can you send the whole report please. You can hide your name

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I’m still waiting for reply regarding my report

Thanks for the report. This.is clear. There is nothing to worry greatly. Seeing the report in entirety, makes it quite clear that it is nothing to worry about.

The most important thing is that the spinal cord is not compromised. That is the most important thing.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I understand that , but I’m looking for answers

All the changes are due to the spinal previous spinal surgeries and fixations. This is expected given your past surgeries. The report does have any alarming features.

It is a detailed report and the changes in the spinal cord are around the area where the surgery to the spine was done. The surgeon would be able to explain it in detail.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay ,he mentioned a birth injury ??

Not sure about that. Was your birth complicated meaning did it take time for your delivery to happen?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I was month prem ,

Nothing major then. That's goodm

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay ,yes but still need to know why I’m still having this twitching . As you said there’s nothing compressing on my spine any more

The twitching is benign as already explained. Very infrequent it could be due to salt changes like sodium, potassium.  A routine blood test will clear things up.

I feel that you are skeptical. Hope all gets better. Take care.  Once you meet the neurologist, please ask all your doubts and concerns.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.