Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Just after some advice my husband had tonsillectomy on the

Customer Question

Hi just after some advice my husband had tonsillectomy on the 11th of may had big bleed on the 20th had a night in hospital bleed stopped on its own now today day 28 he has been spitting blood on and off not loads but a good bit he had tonsillectomy due to suffering with quinseys quit alot and had them lanced so many time I'm wondering if this is to do with scar tissue is this normal
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on with your husband recently. Given how close we are to the operation and the recent bleed, it's not unexpected for small amounts of blood to be expelled but it should remain small amounts. This is while the area continues to heal. It should settle to nothing within a few more weeks but of course if it increases he should be seen sooner.