Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

I am having problems with small bowls obstructions issues

Customer Question

Hi I am having problems with small bowls obstructions issues can you help
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been to hospital they said I need operation fist, then they put some fluid or called dye and after that they said it’s gone through you don’t have to have operations but still there is partial blockage there it might go automatically
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: But it’s came back again after 6 weeks yesterday I had same problems it’s bit better today I am really confused
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 19 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

I am sorry to know that you are going through this.

How old are you?

Since when you have this?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I would like to know is there any medication I can take or I really have to go and do operations

You will have to wait, sometimes it resolve on it's own. And sometimes it complete itself and than you would need surgery for this.

It really depends on the findings in colon and how surgeons approach it. But conservative approach for partial obstruction is preferred.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am 29 years old, I am having this about 6 months
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
this is what the hospital doctors told me, but it’s came back agin in few weeks and it’s effecting my daily life
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am worried if that going to coz any other issues

Surgery have their own complications, and it is painful procedure. They might take out a part of bowel causing further problem. If at this point of time, it is manageable, I would advise to continue with that.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
If I don’t do surgery now is it going to be bigger issues later, because at the moment I get vomiting and pain
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do you think I should go privately and get checked. To do that do I need my GP referral
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi I need your advice please

Yes, you would need a GP referral for private as well.

If you are having vomiting and pain now, go to hospital.