Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Bit of a strange question. Yesterday afternoon I lightly

Hi there,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: bit of a strange question. Yesterday afternoon I lightly flicked my girlfriend in the side of her head (around the temple area). I must stress that it was done in a jovial, playful manner with what I considered to be rather light force. We didn’t make anything of it at the time, but since then a red lump has started to appear in that area, that’s extremely sensitive to touch. Of course I’m really worried about her so I thought we’d enquire after some guidance. Just to reiterate, no bruising, cut mark or anything of that nature, just this strange lump under the skin with redness on the surface.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: This happened yesterday morning
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not currently no.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

May I request you to upload an image please?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Of course. Just a moment
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There we go

Please hold on - it is downloading

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No worries

I have seen the image.

This seems like a mild injury associated bruising and it does not harm in any way.

Take Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day for 1 or 2 days and it will settle down.

Sometimes it can happen when there is familial bleeding disorder too.

But no worries as of now it does not look like a bruise.

If it is increasing then we can consider this.

It should settle down in a couple of days.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you Dr Sumanth, I’ve passed on the message. We’ll keep and eye over the next couple days

Sure, please do not worry. She will be fine.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800