Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

Pathology question, no - sorry, I meant to type more on that

Pathology question
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: Hi, no - sorry, I meant to type more on that last email before hitting send. My question is if someone was in a car and died from a self inflicted gun shot injury (cause of death - gunshot wound to the chest) would it have likely have been a reasonably quick death without too much pain? The individual was a 33 year old male, tall and slim build and the gun was found next to him. Thank you.
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about the injury?
Customer: Hi, no - it's not me who has the injury. Thank you
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, it's not regarding my medical history. Thank you.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I must say an unusual question, is in regards ***** ***** fictional or something that has actually happened?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good morning - yes, I'm sorry it's rather morbid. Sadly, it has actually happened to a relative of mine. Thank you.

I am very sorry to hear. So there are many factors. The type of gun would be a factor, i.e. a shot gun compared to a hand gun. As the death would be very fast if it directly hit the heart or large vessels.

But with close contact trauma like this, I would suspect it would have been very fast.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I see - it was a shotgun. Thanks a lot for your reply and time.

Thanks, ***** ***** problem. Sorry for your loss.