Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I have been to stirling community hospital and advised to

Customer Question

Hi I have been to stirling community hospital and advised to contact yourself about the prism that was put over my glasses for distant i. Was told that it might impact my insurance. It was put over the left side as I look through the glasses please. Can you help me
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: the lady said that had double vision and no I am not taking any medication
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about double vision?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for this information. So you need to inform the DVLA of this if you want to continue driving. They will advise you what to do next, this often results in a medical to ensure you meet certain criteria to be able to drive.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am seeing the line moving to the lef
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Sorry?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i see the white line on the left side of the road going off when it is in fact still staight
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Okay, I would suggest you stop driving and inform the DVLA of this. Double vision alone needs to be informed to the DVLA so this would invalidate your insurance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The line on left of he road appears to be going left when shouldn’t be
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 14 days ago.

Okay thanks. In regards ***** ***** question though, you need to inform the DVLA.