Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I've had some little red patches on my trunk and back over

I've had some little red patches on my trunk and back over the past month or so. I managed to see a dermatologist who agreed to prescribe Eumovate ointment. I used it once a day for a week, then twice a day for a few days and to be honest all the patches I was applying it to more or less went back to normal. Now, 3-4 days later and of not applying the ointment I can them starting to reappear. The dermatologist said this might happen, and in that case to use the ointment as and when required, which I'm happy to do.
The thing is I get very health anxious, it's a problem I'm trying to get treatment for. The dermatologist wasn't sure what it was, but he thought nummular eczema (the whole thing has stressed me out). Being the anxious person I am, I went onto google, and found syphilis and T cell lymphoma! Well I did a syphilis test and that was all negative, I was just wondering whether the fact the steroid cream worked so well while I was applying it would rule out T cell lymphoma? Sorry it might be a silly question but it would put my mind at ease I suppose.
I attached some pictures from before I started with the Eumovate. They are paler than this now, but like I say seem to be returning potentially.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern.

You can be 100 percent sure that this is not a rash of syphillis and certainly not of T cell lymphoma which can cause very aggressive looking skin lesions. Both the diseases you mentioned do not respond to topical steroids and the chances of this being eczema are very high. It's just the anxiety getting the better of you and you should be fine in my opinion.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay that's great - thanks Dr Saleem :)

My pleasure :) Wish you the very best.