Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I recently got a blood test done and have questions about

I recently got a blood test done and have questions about the results
JA: Have you discussed the blood test with a doctor?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Yes, I suffered from bulimia for 3 years but have been fully recovered for over a year now

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you share the report here?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (4LTP7LG)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It was done in January but am only now taking it seriously because of a couple of symptoms I have been experiencing: constant dry lips as well as itch all over my body occasionally. The bit that worries me is the low glucose. I did the same test after having eaten food (non-fasting) and my glucose was still lower than normal. The doctors were unsure what the problem was but told me to eat healthy, however I am worried now because of my symptoms

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. Low glucose is in your case can't be linked to anything serious. However, just checking the glucose levels is not a reliable indicator. You should request your doctor to check your HbA1c levels. Although this is required for people with high sugar it can tell the sugar control level in the last 3 months. Low sugar in your case can be indicative of malnutrition but other than that it has nothing to do with anything serious. Dry lips and itching that you get can have other causes like allergies etc but they have nothing to do with anything systemic as indicated by your tests.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
you've really helped me thank you very much. I will do as you say. Have a nice day!

Thank you dear, respected, and valuable customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards