Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I need a knee replacement but have3 been advised that as I

I need a knee replacement but have3 been advised that as I have an irregular heart beat there is a risk. Have tried cortisone injection and now no longer work very well. Looking on Google there were other injections and also an eppidural. What do you think
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: My symptoms are sore knee and medication is Allopurinal, Bendroflumthiaze, Bisoporold 40mg. Enalapril, Rivaroxabin, and Zapain is the Pain Killer
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the soreness?
Customer: Have seen Doctor at the beginning and had three X rays. Yesterday saw Hip Doctor and have signed consent sheet but he was so quick I never had time to think and ask questions about alternative
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: treatments. My date of birth is 3.5.41.

The knee replacement can be done under regional anesthesia (epidural) and does not pose risk for irregular heart rhythm.

You may discuss this anesthesia option with your doctor.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you Doctor. I have fpund this consultation very helpful and cannot stress how much v
better I feel. Cant understand why this alternative was not mentioned to me. Thank you Pat Gibbs.

You are very welcome, Pat.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.

I am calling you.

Thanks for talking on the phone.