How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Karim Your Own Question
Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 497
Experience:  MBChB
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Shahid Karim is online now

I'm looking for dentist to refer me as I have gum desease I

Customer Question

I'm looking for dentist to refer me as I have gum desease I need something isn't enough
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't would you advise to see a on austrovastin for cholesterol and ramapril for blood pressure.and lansoprazole for accid reflux
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: No not that I know health is good I lost 2 stone since last year
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes my teeth need sorting my gums also receeding
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I need some advice of what and where I could go
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 12 days ago.

Hi thanks for getting in touch. You wanted some help in finding a dentist in your area to register with is that correct?

Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 12 days ago.

If that is the case could you give me your postcode where you live, thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No.i need a periodontal dentist who are experienced with gum desease who can refer me for treatment as keeping my teeth clean is not enough
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Seeing a hygienist is not enough and I can't phone
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 12 days ago.

The site offers the call automatically we can type. could you tell me where you live so I can try and find a periodontal dentist in your area

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Doncaster .South Yorkshire
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I need a periodontal dentist to refer me as hygienist is not enough for my gum disease and where I can get more advice
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Dn6 7sp
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 12 days ago.

Thanks. You should give any of these a call and they can help you arrange an appointment with a periodontist.

I hope that helps and you get the treatment you need as soon as possible. Wishing you the very best.