Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

We are the guardians to international students studying term

Customer Question

Hello we are the guardians to international students studying long term in the UK. We have 3 Malaysian students who's parents are asking the possibility of having the children vaccinated against covid over here. Is this possible - the students are all aged between 16-18
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Their boarding school keeps medical records on all of teh children
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's it other than the children are here on a Tier 4 visa and have all paid the immigration Health Surcharge
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 20 days ago.

Hi thank you for getting in touch. Yes, they will be eligible to receive the vaccine. It's specifically been made freely available to all people in the country regardless of immigration status. I'll give you a link to the government website that advises you on how to get vaccinated if from abroad. I should also say for the minute, under 18s aren't being given the vaccine but that's coming very soon. I hope that helps, all the very best.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-migrant-health-guide

PS> There will be no charge for the vaccine for the students either. All the best again.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

You're very welcome, come back if you've further questions. All the best.