Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 60 and for some years have been getting progressively

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am 60 and for some years have been getting progressively worse allergy problems. Recently I ended up in a and e because my face swelled up rapidly which I think was due to exposure to pollen. The only thing which seemed to hElphinstone was a course of sterodes but symotors seem to return when I come off them. I also find i often have severe itching of my forehead at night.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I do suffer from itching over various areas land have a steroid cream which helps. My hands can sometimes get quite bad.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had a debated septum which was operated on about 40 years ago which left me with a perforated septum. I was wondering if this may have had some effect as I seem to get swelling particularly round my eyes

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is an allergic reaction.

Better known as urticaria.

Can be due to the environmental allergens, food, cosmetics, soap, detergent, emotional stress.

You need to see an allergy specialist for allergy testing.

Meanwhile, you can try Benadryl ( diphenhydramine) and pepcid ( famotidine) together 2 tablets twice daily for better antihistamine action.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am on some prescribed antihystemine but this has no effect

In that case, you may have an autoimmune disorder like lupus for example.

Steroid course will help in that case.

Methotrexate or Hydroxychloroquine can be tried as steroid sparing option

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could there be any possible link to my nasal problem ?

Possible