Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Since the 15th May I have had a cold which has now gone but

Hello, since the 15th May I have had a cold which has now gone but has left me with me a terrible pain in my sinuses and a
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: On the 26th May i had my second Oxford vaccine which has given me a headache. I cant lean forward paracetamol hardly touches it and i am tired.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I did have trouble breathing. But been coughing mucus and sinuses and headache are just causing me the trouble

Hi, thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you've been facing. It sounds as though the cold has likely become a sinusitis, infection and inflammation of the lining of the sinuses which can leave you with a headache, tooth/jaw ache and feeling rotten as you've described. I'd advise you stay very well hydrated and to boil some water and then turn the stove off, add some vicks voprub and inhale the steam through your nose slowly for as long as it's making steam which should help with your symptoms. Otherwise I'd advise you to take some ibuprofen (400mg, three times a day with food each time) and if adding that to paracetamol isn't enough to control your discomfort, I'd advise buying some co-codamol from any pharmacy and using that instead of the paracetamol. Finally, if your symptoms haven't improved by Monday, I'd get in touch with your GP as it may indicate that you need some antibiotics but I'd try the above first.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

You're very welcome. Come back if you've further questions and I hope you feel better soon. All the very best.