Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

26 year old For 9 months now, crawling sensation/tingling on

Hi, 26 year old
For 9 months now, crawling sensation/tingling on top of head and back of head and also on outside of right arm.
Sharp stinging pains on top of head left side
Have been on amitriptyline for 4 months but not helping.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Sorry you’re having these problems. I assume you saw your gp for this? Did you have any tests done?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No no tests
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
They put me on amitriptyline
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
10mg but not worked
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The crawling/tingling sensation is on top of my head and near the back of headOn the outside of my right arm
And sometimes on my right shoulder blade
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I’m just really concerned as google says these altered sensations can be a sign of brain tumor
I would ask to see a neurologist. This has been going on to long. Multiple sclerosis comes to mind with these symptoms. Not a brain tumor. You should have a brain mri as part of the workup.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Okay thanks. Would my symptoms of likely got worse if it was tumor? Sometimes my symptoms go away for a week then come back
You’re welcome. These symptoms are not that of a brain tumor. Tumors cause severe headaches and constant symptoms. MS symptoms can come and go.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I forgot to mention since these symptoms started 9 months ago, my teeth ache sometimes but only the upper teeth (both sides )
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Also i have head pain but it’s like a stinging sharp pain - MS wouldn’t have this would it?
That’s not common with MS.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hmmm so what could this mean?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
In your opinion
It could be MS or anxiety. I’d get the mri to start with.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Okay I’ll see GP. I’m just really worried about a brain tumor
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I seen this persons dad had tumor and I have the tingling head
The mri can diagnose tumors and MS.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
One more question if I had a malignant tumor is it likely in 9 months my symptoms would be more than tingling and pain in head?
for sure. I’m sure you don’t have a brain tumor.