Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

My stepson got Covid injection yesterday and tonight feeling

Hi my stepson got Covid injection yesterday and tonight feeling sick younger swelling does he need to seek medical help
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Just last half hr
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Sorry he’s having a reaction. How old is he? What about the swelling? I don’t follow.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
He’s 28. Feeling very nauseous and said you get feels like it’s swelling after Covid jab yesterday
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
that’s my no. Does he need to seek help
Is his arm swelling? Does he have trouble swallowing or breathing?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No but sore arm. No trouble swallowing or breathing
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
A swollen sore arm is a common side effect. It means he has a strong immune response to the vaccine which is good. He can take ibuprofen or paracetamol for the symptoms. Have him rest and get plenty of fluids. No need to see a doctor. These side effects are common and resolve in a couple of days.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
You’re welcome. He will feel better in a day or two.