How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8869
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now

I have pelvic inflammation, may I have the digital

Customer Question

I have pelvic inflammation, may I have the digital prescription of Levofloxacin tablets.
JA: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: I am a Chinese student in Lancaster University. I was previously diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease in China because of similar symptoms.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the inflammation?
Customer: Yes, the doctor in Royal Lancaster infirmary prescribed me for urinary infection and also antibiotics (Macro BID) three days ago. But it is incorrect because there are still painful at the lower abdomen and there is abnormal leukorrhea.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I urgently need drugs to treat pelvic inflammatory disease, such as levofloxacin tablets.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Give me a few minutes to respond.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an infection of the female reproductive organs. It most often occurs when sexually transmitted bacteria spread from your vagina to your uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Many types of bacteria can cause PID, but gonorrhea or chlamydia infections are the most common. These bacteria are usually acquired during unprotected sex.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
Less commonly, bacteria can enter your reproductive tract anytime the normal barrier created by the cervix is disturbed. This can happen during menstruation and after childbirth, miscarriage or abortion. Rarely, bacteria can also enter the reproductive tract during the insertion of an intrauterine device (IUD) — a form of long-term birth control — or any medical procedure that involves inserting instruments into the uterus.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
There is no one test that can accurately diagnose pelvic inflammatory disease. Instead, your doctor will rely on a combination of findings from:Your medical history. Your doctor will likely ask about your sexual habits, history of sexually transmitted infections and method of birth control.
Signs and symptoms. Tell your doctor about any symptoms you're experiencing, even if they're mild.
A pelvic exam. During the exam, your doctor will check your pelvic region for tenderness and swelling. Your doctor may also use cotton swabs to take fluid samples from your vagina and cervix. The samples will be tested at a lab for signs of infection and organisms such as gonorrhea and chlamydia.
Blood and urine tests. These tests may be used to test for pregnancy, HIV or other sexually transmitted infections, or to measure white blood cell counts or other markers of infection or inflammation.
Ultrasound. This test uses sound waves to create images of your reproductive organs.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
could you please write me a prescription?Because I have had similar symptoms before, this time I am sure it is a recurrence of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
You need to see a gynecologist for the workup as I mentioned. Treatment depends on the test results and the cultures. Levofloxicin may not treat many of the bacteria that cause PID.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (237451T)
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
We can’t prescribe medication and right now without a culture I don’t know what would be the appropriate antibiotic.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (71QG6M7)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But GP does not work on weekends. We are not sure when we can make an appointment to the gynecology department. And the pain has been going on for a week.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did blood test and urine test at Royal Lancaster Infirmary before, and I sent you the picture.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
I understand your concern but we don’t prescribe medication on this site. You can go to an urgent care center .
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for your understanding. Should we make an appointment to a specified urgent care center? or just walk in.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
Just walk in. Good luck and glad to help.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry, sir. One more question. I'm new to the UK. Could you please help me find the most appropriate urgent care center that will work at weekends? My post code is LA1 1DN.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
I suggest calling 111 and ask the nurse. They can locate one quickly.