Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am experiencing heavy leg pain that has been keeping me

Customer Question

hello, i am experiencing heavy leg pain that has been keeping me awake. id like to know whether i can wait until next week for my GP appointment or an emergency service would be required.
JA: Have you used any medication for the leg pain?
Customer: ibuprofen. it has been there for a week now.
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides ibuprofen for this?
Customer: no only that
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my heart has been racing mostly because ive been extremely anxious this past month. also i have quit smoking about 5 days ago. that should be all. thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Is there any redness or swelling of your calf?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no. it does feel a little bit hot but only very slightly
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your patience and I appreciate it. Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take a few minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Respected customer, thanks a lot for your input, and thanks again for visiting justanswer.com! A great place where you can find guidance and/or solution from real experts. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Even I would get tense in this situation. If it is just hot with no swelling and redness then it is not likely to be a blood clot. It is just likely to be a muscular thing and you are getting anxious as well. You should take over-the-counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days, massage the area with Bengay gel twice daily for 2 weeks, and use heating pads to the area twice daily for 2 weeks. There is no need to go to the ER.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. I will be glad to help you always. If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link, please –

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-hasan/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Dear Dr. Hassan, thank you for your patient and detailed answer. The combination of personal life anxiety and smoking cessation (8 years, 10 a day) is making it very difficult to stay calm in these situations where Internet provides so many nightmare scenarios. Naturally, PAD was one of them. I would just like to make sure it is not necessary to worry about this. I should also add there are little light/white spots that appear all around my lower leg and knee.
These have always come and gone, but this past week they have been mostly there to stay.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

I promise that there is nothing to worry about. I can never misguide you. It's a lot easier for me to ask you to go to ER. So just relax. Everything is going to be alright. You are welcome dear, respected, and valuable customer. Your satisfaction is my prime goal. Have we discussed everything that you wanted? Thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Have a good day. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The pain started on Thursday, so its been a little over a week now. Gets worse at night, but there during the day too. Does not affect mobility or anything. If anything hurts more while laying down or resting.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
okay thank you very much! this is all. have a nice day!
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 19 days ago.

Yes I do understand what you have tried to explain, You are always welcome.