Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Chest pain that doesn't go away

Customer Question

chest pain that doesn't go away
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you had the chest pain?

Any known conditions like known heart disease?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi there thank you so much for your help with this! I have been experiencing chest pain since 2 weeks now, I am 27 and I am a woman no known conditions like heart disease. The pain almost feels like my chest is sore and it almost feels like I have a muscle pulled on the right side of my chest going from my left boob to the middle, the pain is not triggered by exercise but it's really there when for example I turn from laying on the left hand side to the right hand side almost like a sore muscle, I had been going boxing quite a lot but had stopped for two weeks and the pain is still here, I tried to do high knees and run but my heart beat is normal I don't get out of breath. I had the pfizer vaccine on the 19th of May so I am worried it might be linked and whether I should still get my second dose or am I putting myself at risk
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
this morning the pain is also located in my left shoulder, it feels sore like I have maybe slept in a bad position or over exercised but I haven't been to the gym for 2 weeks

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thank you so much

This is most likely either a muscle pain or a pain of APD - acid peptic disorder or 'gas pains'. Acid peptic disorder comprises several different conditions like acid reflux, gastritis, duodenitis, gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, etc.

Other causes of such pain can be: cholecystitis (gall bladder stones), pancreatitis, liver pain, gall bladder pain, pleuritis, rib bone pain, enlargment of spleen, splenic flexure syndrome (when a bubble of gas causes pain in this area) and rarely cardiac pain due to heart causes such as angina.

Considering the nature of your symptoms, your symptoms are not at all suggestive of heart pain and it is most likely to be a benign cause like muscle pain or APD.

However, all cases of pain in the chest need to be seen to be a doctor if they are persistent. If this pain recurs or becomes severe, you need to see a doctor for this.

For now, I would advise you to take the following steps taking this to be APD:

There are several OTC medicines which are generally safe which you can use for this. I would suggest Alka Seltzer two-three teaspoonfuls thrice daily. You should also take Cap. Prilosec 20 mg(OTC) once daily early in the morning.

You should also take healthy nutritious diet, avoid spicy and deep fried foods, have a bland diet as far as possible, have small frequent meals, cut down on alcohol and caffeine, stop smoking

You should also do these chest stretches which will help in muscle pain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NePr1XKRTLU

But you should also get a checkup with your doctor if this does not ease the pain.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Please do give me feedback on how helpful my answer was to you. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thank you so much so you don't think it has anything to do with the vaccine ?

No, its not linked to the vaccine. You should cut down on your boxing till you feel better.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
sounds good thank you so so much!